Find yourself a partner in life; the one that travels life’s journey with you, knowing the deep dark and the bright light within you.
Love is a tricky journey in this lifetime. Finding someone that you are willing to be authentic and vulnerable with. Someone who is allowed through the security gates of your heart and into the whole of you. Someone who loves you for the beauty all see, but more importantly for those things that you hide from others, keep tucked inside you, are afraid to share and sometimes afraid to face.
Partnership on the other hand can be one of the most beautiful adventures in life. Partnership is finding one with which mutual vulnerability, adoration, admiration and love is shared. It is finding the person who is willing to slow down and navigate the ugly bits and the lovely bits with respect and kindness.
In finding love and partnership one has truly hit the jackpot.
Love and partnership looks different for every single person. Don’t judge a relationship by its cover. The journey two people have taken to choose to be one is often riddled with pain, hurt and other hurdles that make what currently looks beautiful far more meaningful in the end. Two people who have truly found their partner did not get there without hurdles. Hurdles are in the underlying beliefs and joys of life. And where compromise is essential, compromising in a manner where no one has to lose the true essence of who they are is the true beauty of love and partnership.
Hints to love thy partner (whoever they may be).
- Stay true to yourself. Maintain independence and love for yourself. When you love yourself, you can love others more deeply.
- Respect your person. Quirks. Needs. Desires. Dreams. Respect it all.
- Honor their beliefs. You may have differing beliefs, neither of you may be swayed in a different or new direction, but honoring one another will allow for independence and freedom to be the best version of ones self.
- Share with one another. Share in communication. Life experiences. Journeys and joys. Together is always better.
- Have fun. It cannot be said enough. Having fun with your person can be the difference between mundane and spectacular. Laughter is after all the best medicine in life and love.
- Grow together. You are not the same person you were when you were 12 years old. You don’t have the same interest or dreams. The same will hold true from the difference between 25 and 45. Lasting relationships grow and evolve together. Enjoying the changes and finding new ways to evolve and love.
- Always come back to one another. Life will challenge you and your partnership, there is no getting around that. Life will break you and your partner; together, separately and uniquely. Always come back together. There is room to break and recover and remain connected.
Happy love day!